How to Apply
Currently we are accepting applications for September 2013 admission.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year (if you need a visa to study in the EU, apply by March 31).
- There is no application fee.
- CERGE-EI does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, gender, or religion.
- At least an intermediate-level proficiency in English is needed. Guidelines for standardized exams are: Internet-based TOEFL minimum 88, IELTS minimum 6.5.
- A standardized English test report (TOEFL, IELTS, or other) is not required to apply, although it is an advantage, regardless of your score.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master‘s graduates are welcome to apply.
- Previous education in Economics is welcomed but not required.
- Math skills are an advantage.
- Work experience is not obligatory but considered an advantage.
There is NO application deadline. We accept applications year-round until the program is full. After the program is full for this year, we can put you on a waiting list or offer you admission for the next year.
Students who need an EU visa: You should apply before March 31, 2013. If you need a visa but don’t apply by March 31, 2013, you might have difficulty getting the visa in time.
Currently we are accepting applications for admission in September 2013. You will receive an admissions decision within 15 days of receipt of your complete application. The application is complete when both letters of recommendation and all application materials, including paper documents sent by post, arrive to the MAE Program in Prague.
There is no application fee.
In order to apply for the MAE Program:
1. Fill out the MAE Online Application.
The application form mainly asks for your contact information and educational background. Two additional items might require more time to prepare: (1) translations of your diplomas and transcripts into English and (2) contact details for two recommenders who can provide references upon our request.
2. Upload electronic files (the last page of the Online Application):
- scans of all your translated diplomas and transcripts (not required if the originals are in English)
- scans of all your original diplomas and transcripts, in the original language
- electronic or scanned standardized score reports (not required)
- a scan of the main page of your passport, with picture.
3. Mail us by post the following paper materials:
- notarized photocopies of all diplomas and transcripts, in the original language
- originals of certified English translations of all diplomas and transcripts if the originals are not in English.
Politických vězňů 7
111 21 Prague 1
Applications are accepted throughout the year. You will receive an admissions decision within 15 calendar days of when your complete application is received. Your application is not complete until we receive all uploaded files, mailed paper materials, and recommendations from your references.
The admissions decision can be:
- Admit to the program
- Do not admit to the program
- Put on a waiting list.
If you are offered admission to the program, you will receive a specific tuition offer. To accept the offer, you will need to make a non-refundable tuition deposit by May 15, 2013. For applications completed after March 31, 2013 the tuition deposit deadline is 30 days from when we send the admissions offer to you. From the moment you pay the tuition deposit your admission is secured, and you can plan on studying in the MAE Program in Prague in September!
After you pay the tuition deposit, the MAE Study and Support Office will contact you about visa and accommodation issues. We will guide you through each step of the visa application process.
Before the beginning of classes you will attend an on-line Preparatory Semester. The Preparatory Semester includes courses in mathematics, economics, and English. The MAE Preparatory Semester is not a stage of the admissions process, nor is it officially recorded for the MAE degree; its goal is to make sure all admitted students are prepared to succeed in the MAE program from the very beginning. Please note that if you apply after June 15, it is not possible to attend the Preparatory Semester.
The academic year begins in mid-September.