PhD in Economics
CERGE-EI offers a Western-style PhD program consisting of two years of MA-level coursework, followed by approximately two to four years of supervised PhD dissertation research. Students frequently conduct part of their research at major universities in Western Europe and North America.
- Program of graduate studies in theoretical and applied economics modeled on top PhD programs in the US and Europe, language of instruction is English.
- Designed for those who want to pursue careers in academia, public service or business (see our MA and PhD Alumni Profiles for examples of job placements).
- Tuition waivers and stipends are supplied for most students.
- The MA degree is chartered in the US, while the PhD degree is both chartered in the US and accredited in the Czech Republic.
- CERGE-EI's Faculty are widely-published scholars from a variety of countries
- Students encouraged to spend time during their studies at Western European and North American universities.
- Most students fully supported through tuition waivers and stipends and work-study opportunities
For more details on the PhD program please consult the PhD Admissions section.
PhD Courses in 2012/2013